BusinessDay Good Governance Awards Now November 13
By Alphonsus E.W
BusinessDay States’ Good Governance and Competitiveness Awards ceremony has gotten a definite date. The eagerly expected event which had suffered several postponements due to the religious commitments of the various nominees and award receipients, is now scheduled to hold on Wednesday, 13 November at the Federal Palace Hotel, Victoria Island, Lagos.
BusinessDay Award Committee for the 2013 State Competitiveness and Good Governance Awards had in September released the names of state governments that met the minimum criteria for each of the award categories.
The 12 award categories are;
- Excellence in Governance,
- Transparency in Governance,
- Best Governor in Urban and Rural Infrastructure Development
- Best Governor in Education Development
- Best Governor in Healthcare Development
- Best Governor in Agriculture Development
- Best Governor in Tourism Development
- Fastest Growing State Economy
- Best Governor in Housing Development
- State with Best Ease of Doing Business
- Youth and Sport Development
- State with Most Improved Security.
An average of four state governors will compete under each award category.