Delta Govt committed to continuity, sustainable development – Oborevwori

Delta Govt committed to continuity, sustainable development - Oborevwori
Sheriff Oborevwori - Delta State Governor
Delta govt committed to continuity, sustainable development - oborevwori
Sheriff oborevwori – delta state governor

Gov. Sheriff Oborevwori of Delta has said that his administration would ensure completion of all ongoing projects and  also initiate new ones for the sustainable development of the state.

The governor stated this on Friday while inspecting the construction of storm drainage channel from Owa-Alero and its environs through Owa-Alizomor and Owa-Ofie to link Iyi-Amah stream in Ika North-East Local Government Area of the state.
He expressed satisfaction with the quality and pace of work, adding that his administration has zero tolerance for project abandonment.
“For the past few days we have been going round to inspect projects.
“We are taking advantage of the dry season to know how many projects that will be completed.
“We are here to see what they have done because you cannot know the extent of work just from the paper work.
“I am very impressed seeing what they have done,” he said.
Oborevwori said that the storm water channel would help to discharge water from Owa-Alero to Iyi-Ama stream.
“They have assured us that the job will be completed in the next four months.
“I am satisfied with the work done so far by the contractor, CCECC.
“What is going on here is the same thing going on in Warri. The other phase of the Warri storm drainage project will soon commence.
“The only way to deal with the flood water problems here, is to build this storm water drainage and that’s what we are doing here.
“The major work of about 75 per cent have been done already. The remaining 25 per cent will be completed by April,” Oborevwori said.
BRANDPOWER reports that the governor was conducted round the project site by the Permanent Secretary Ministry of Works, Mr Fred Edafiogho and the Project Consultant, Mr John Onwualu.